The pre-season is starting to most of us and some people is asking me what I’m doing in this weeks of kicking-off.
In the past, I would reply to this question with the typical “taking it easy, building the base for the season”, but I would be lying with such a statement nowadays.
Nevertheless, this is a different post and I will dig deeper in this new way of training that I’m trying for the coming season.
In the meantime, some tips for your pre-season training:
- Fix a Goal in your calendar: Don’t train without purpose (like me!)
- Thumbs up for Cross-Training: If there is a period where you can mix other sports, the time is now
- Bet for Indoor-Training: Static bike, treadmill, rowing machine etc. are great options to improve your shape and avoid getting a cold
- Eat properly: Not now but the whole year. Don’t be afraid of increase your intake, it will arrive the time to cut it off to ensure a competition optimal weight
- Forget about easy long sessions: Push the throttle down, you’re not going to be injured
Have a great training!